1. Permanent Place of Business? At a minimum they will have a showroom for you to visit and you want to know they will be around if a warranty issue ever occurs.
2. How Long in Business under current name? Established businesses are usually around because they are good at what they do and they deliver what they promised. You can also bet they stand behind their warranties if an issue ever occurs.
3. Insurance? Don't just ask, get a copy! The contractor should have a minimum $2 million liability. You also want to ask if everyone working on your project be covered by workers compensation insurance (otherwise you as a homeowner may be sued if anyone gets hurt).
4. Warranties? Remember there are product warranties (usually from manufacturer) and workmanship warranties (from the company/contractor you are directly dealing with). Know what warranty you are getting with the product you choose.
5. Better Business Bureau (BBB). Be sure to check them out with the BBB!
6. Know what you are getting! Not all products are equal; glass and product components are not all the same. Know what each contractor uses so that you can make an informed decision.
7. Beware the bait and switch! $189 a window? I don't think so! They "bait" you with a low advertised price, then "switch" you to a higher price when they give you the estimate (because the original price only includes putting the window in the opening- not trim, removal of old window, etc).
8. Class "A" License: Not a Class "B" or "C". Also ask to see if they have a local business license for your area.
9. Beware of "today only" deals. Where there is a large price drop, there is usually includes a change to lower quality products. Do your homework before you buy
10. Installation Team. Make sure all members of the installation team are full time employees of the company and factory trained (not subcontractors).
10 Things You Should Know About Hiring A Company
|VINYL-LITE WINDOW FACTORY||COMPETITION|
|Permanent Place of Business||Yes! Vinyl-Lite owns, and is located at , 8815 Telegraph Rd. Lorton VA 22079. Come visit our factory & showroom!|
|How long in business under current name?||We have been in business for 35 years under the same name.|
|Insurance||Vinyl-Lite has insurance of up to $6 million under an umbrella policy. (You can print out a copy on the Windows 101 page)|
|Warranties||We are both the manufacturer & installer so you have nothing to worry about. Our warranty is a transferrable double lifetime warranty covering parts & labor.|
|Better Business Bureau (www.BBB.org)||We have been accredited by the BBB since 1981 with an "A+" Rating.|
|Know what you are getting.||We have many options to choose from but your representative will take the time to explain them all so you exactly what you are buying.|
|Beware the Bait and Switch!||You will NEVER find one of our representatives telling you can get a window for only $189. We strive for truth in all aspects.|
|Class "A" License and Local Licenses||We hold a Class "A" License and local licenses throughout northern Virginia and also Maryland.|
|Stay away from "Today Only" deals||We will NEVER start you with a ridiculously high price so that we can make a phony call for a "big discount" that is good for today only. Beware of these deals: sometimes they will give you a lower product with the price decrease and not inform you.|
|Installation Team||All of our installers are full time employees that are factory trained. We do not use subcontractors.|